playtime makes a girl tired

06 February 2008

The sun was out for three days and the weather was nice enough to chance a stroll. Kate enjoyed it more now though she still is not at the level to go for an hour. Maybe soon. I have postponed purchasing a jogging stroller until I am sure she will go along.








I have heard that Kate looks older than 8 weeks, so I wanted to show her size relative to her moses basket. She is still a peanut, but she has grown another inch (23 now).
Kate will now play on the floor on her back and this is an opportunity for Drake to check her out. He has been so gentle with her and continues to offer her his toys. This makes us feel good (other than the germ issue) because he isn't guarding them as HIS. He is still trying to get Kate to play ball and thinks that putting it RIGHT next to her will be the key. In the picture, Kate is either trying to tell him that she just can't quite throw it yet or trying to put it in her mouth. I am not sure which.
Either way, Drake thanked her for sharing her blanket.













Just another day in the big "O."

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Dad said...

She's a beauty! I think Drake will love playing with her on the beaches of Gull and Round Lake. Can't wait for her visits to sunny Florida next month.

Dad said...

Okay, #2......... Marlys and Matt don't have to bath Princess Kate, Drake is now the tongue/shower!

just jamie said...

Gosh that's sweet. I always wished Molly the beagle would be sweet like that when we brought babies home. She still ignores them. Glad to see Drake is not a party pooper.