City Champions in 6.0 doubles

22 August 2010


Carrie, a friend and tennis team partner from days of old, came to me last spring and said, "Let's get back into tennis." We signed up for the Monday night Parks league and have been playing all summer (minus when I was in MN). I also went to drills at the club when I was out this summer. Tennis has become FUN again. That is not to say that my skill level is anywhere near where it was. BUT, that will come because I am staying with it. So much so that I have bought a new racquet (still playing with my high school racquet that I LOVE). Carrie said, "Let's play in the City tournament." We did. We didn't know what to expect. There were three levels of play and we were in the bottom. You have to start somewhere, right? Anyway...we WON! 98 degrees, 107 heat index...and the trophy! We laugh at ourselves, but we also feel a little pride.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Dad said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Glad you're enjoying tennis and now one of the City Champs.

Jamie Helms said...

I think that's awesome! Congrats--- glad you posted it! Kate will be proud to read about it one day!