I feel it!

15 March 2011

Spring is coming!  I can feel it -- in my knees!  But with spring comes more sunlight after school, more walks before bed, and more grilling while playing outside.  I will take it all (and so will my outside girl)!
Saturday was just right as an introduction to spring.  Matt and Kate came home and surprised Drake and me -- we were lounging outside.  Kate could not contain her energy and even though it was naptime, we played.  First, we cleaned off the swing and then we cleaned off the slide.
But the real excitement began when she wanted to hula hoop.  Knowing she was bigger than last year, she thought it might be a little easier.  It was.  She still does not have it down, but she has a good time trying.  And we have a good time watching.
Something about spring says, "I can make it."  I can survive the rain, the clouds, the drizzle, the end-of-the-school year cramming because summer is coming.
And just like Kate with the hula hoop, we will press on! 

2 comments:

Susan said...

Does she actually have a BOW in her hair???? Now, THAT'S progress! :) Cute photos. Thanks Mar.

Dad said...

Great Pics... Summer and Florida is right around the corner. Pontooning on Gull with GP & GM!!