girls' day

24 October 2011

Kate has loved me being home, and we are so fortunate for how things worked out for us (for now) with the living arrangements also allowing us to be a one income family. She tells me quite often how daddy goes to work so mommy can stay home, so even though she doesn't "get it," there is a part of her that does. Almost every day, she says, is a girls' day, becuase we do so much together. Don't get me wrong, when the weekend comes (or a weekday night), and daddy is home, Kate loves to be with him, but the other times? Total girl!
We had Bobbi Brown makeovers this past week. I went for one, and the girl was so nice to say that she she would give Kate one after mine was over. She put "fairy dust" on her eyes and a pink gloss on her lips. Kate was set for Mexican lunch! The only downer was the lipstick that went away while eating. Yep, girly girl.

The weather has been nice enough for us to spend afternoons outside still. The swingset and trampoline are getting quite a bit of use, and that makes me quite happy with those major purchases. I always wanted her to be able to be outside without leaving her house, and we are lucky enough to have that out here. Girlfriend loves to be outside. Even in the chilly mornings, she wants to put on a coat and head out. She has a wimpy mama though, who says we have to wait until lunchtime.

We have been cooking still, too. Kate's new favorite? Pumpkin. As in pie, bars, cake, muffins, ice cream...the list continues. Good thing we like it, too!

We haven't decorated cookies since moving in, so this weekend we did some halloween cookies, and I let Kate go free with the orange sugar and chocolate sprinkles. The downer? A new oven that I have not figured out how to not burn the bottoms. The heating element is on the top, instead of the bottom, so it cooks differently. I also think it cooks hotter, but that may be me. Guess we are just going to have to bake and cook more to see...Matt will enjoy that!

I sure do love my girls' days...and feel very happy that I can have them now.
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: