This is my boy. Plain and simple. In fact, I have a hard time calling Jack my #1 guy because that is what I call Drake. Somehow, this guy is my buddy. Over the past week, while Kate and I have been sick, he has not left our sick bed. He stays with me, like he knows. because he does.
This is the treat for Kate -- Chicken minis. She went with me (early) to the grocery so that she could have these. Special time for my love.These are blurry, but Jack has taken a loving to Norman and his bed. And Norman doesn't love it, but he is so sweet about it. Just sort of a "you've got to be kidding me" look.
We had an ice day. So Kate and I got some "go fish" time in. And Crazy 8s, War, Memory, and Old Maid. Girlfriend wins almost every time. Not fair. :-)
We also cooked up some M&M cookies, because why not?
All in two minutes, while I was trying to change the laundry. Kate was NEVER like this. Jack is into everything. And I mean everything. Kleenex is just something to tear up and then put small pieces in to see if they taste better. Dog food is tasted most days. New object on floor is fun to see, no matter what it is. Quickest little squirt I know.
Drake got a treat one night before I threw the jar away.
Yep, this is the face that stole my heart. Goofball for sure. And I love every minute of his goofiness.
My sweet girl and I have the flu (currently, as does Jack), and she really wanted to paint my toenails. This was a huge thing for me to allow her to do as I am such a type A, but she did it. And liked it. In fact, she didn't even want me to paint hers after, so I didn't mess mine up. She is becoming such a little girl and not a toddler anymore; I think I miss my baby. I have not enjoyed being super sick, that is true, but I have enjoyed the time I have had cuddling with her. We have slept together for almost a week (Matt does not want to be around us), and the time just spent loving on her has been great. No real sharing of Mama with Jack, and that has been fine for both of us, temporarily.
See? Girl, not baby. She was dancing in the kitchen the other night, and I said to Matt that she no longer has baby legs but girl legs. She is changing all the time. Brightest spot of my day.
While we were sick, (and before Jack was), my mom kept Jack. She confined him and gave him some pot roast.
All of my loves...all of them minus Drake and Ez.
Kate told me Jack looked like a Macaroni Penguin the other day. After finding an image, I laughed so hard and wanted to remember this.
We have Jack yogurt because he won't eat anything besides Chex and Cheerios. 20 minutes were spent playing with it, but not once did he put his spoon to his mouth or put his fingers in his mouth. So much for yogurt! :-)








1 comments:
What great pics, but sooooo sorry for the illness. (Hope when you guys get to FL, everyone is healthy and ready to ROLL?)
How about the Drake Boy.. He loves his family sooo much. YOU GUYS ARE BLESSED, but let's get healthy and enjoy it all. Wow, what a year!
Post a Comment