The first beach day

01 April 2013

Kate was dying to get to the beach.  Me?  notsomucb but we went.  We slathered the sunscreen on, suited up, and Kate topped it with her new sunhat from the Easter Bunny (that I forgot to mention before).  

 Not quite sure what to do with Jack.  He is about to walk, but he has been about to walk for a few weeks now.  So, I strapped him on and walked the beach while Matt and Kate played in the sand.  Heaven for miss Kate.
 Every so often I came back to snap pictures of what these two were getting into.

 That night we went to eat at Bayside for a fantastic fish dinner.  After, while Matt, Dad, and Susan finished their cocktails, the kids and I headed to the other side for a little Ben and Jerry's ice cream.  Trust me, I was in the right group on that one.  After snarfing down my ice cream, I gave jack the cone with some in it.  He found it rather tasty, too.  Maybe it was the crunch of the cone, but he polished off the rest.


 And just like that, both kids were in the spray fountains in front of the shops.  Yes, it is sort of an annual thing for Kate, and no, she wasn't the only one.  Many kids join in each night.  Jack even waded in and I had to as well, because boyfriend needed a helping hand.  When we pulled him out after 20 minutes, he was fighting to get back in.  Quite the water boy.
 Kate loved every minute of running around playing in the fountains.


1 comments:

Dad said...

Kate Great look in the hat!