Well, even though our house is a work in progress, and even though I debated getting all of the decorations out, I had to. I love Christmas and it just didn't feel right to be without all of my favorite stuff - even if it would be for less time than usual. So, while Kate was at school, I did my best to make our house a festive place and then wait for her to get home and help decorate the tree.
We tried for some Christmas card pics in front of Martha's tree because ours was not up yet. I did have good intentions for sending a Christmas card. I didn't follow through.
I received new holiday plates for Christmas (early) and I loved having lazy mornings with them by the fire with my favorite peeps and pups.
Kate was in The Nutcracker as a magical gift this year. She was perfection for her fifteen seconds on stage. She rose, walked, turned, and chassez-ed so well that the dance teachers noticed her efforts. My mom worked the school performances backstage, so Kate got to be part of the action (and mom was sooooo glad she volunteered).
And the tree. Happiness abounds.



0 comments:
Post a Comment