Fall is supposedly here though it is difficult to notice due to the 90 degree days - and 80% humidity. I have a lot of fall maternity clothing though I am still wearing the summer duds (and am NOT the same size I was when they were purchased)! We are slowly getting the house put together for the arrival of baby m, and soon we will consider names for her. Her crib is ready, which is one less thing to stress about, but now that nesting is part of my ritual, I am frantically desiring to have her diaper bag ready and everything else.
Matt left for Florida today to spend a few days of fall break with his parents. I was going until I realized that 6 hours of sitting at school isn't fun and that 12 hours in the car -- 24 total -- would probably make for divorce proceedings. We have also had a week of bad omens: a tree was being removed from our backyard and a rope broke that was holding the branch, allowing the branch to bounce off the roof, bend the gutter, and land on the porch furniture below, and the same day I took my SUV in for routine service and was told that some part of the transmission was cracked so they were going to put in a new transmission -- under warranty, of course. I picked my car up yesterday and Matt is heading south in it, so let's hope for the best. The tree service is coming back Monday to finish the job (and hopefully provide replacements for the damaged items). An ongoing ordeal that adds humor to life??
Baby m is growing quite a bit right now, which allows me to justify pedicures, naps, and milkshakes; all three making me a much nicer person! She is also highly active and enjoys the music that accompanies dance videos in class - and she especially likes to do dances!
Drake, Ezra, and Abby are hoping for cooler temperatures, too. Drake spends much of his time on the tile or wood floors while the cats snuggle on the bed. Drake is also learning that some of the new toys are not for him, a tough lesson at any age.
10 weeks to go
06 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ah the great life in KY. New "tranny," trees falling on the house and furniture, hot weather, and the football team looses. We in MN are VERY excited for the addition of the new Mason, who we have named DIXIE! Love ya!
Mar,
Love the blog. Looking forward to seeing more as you get time.
Jamie
P.S. I LOVE "Dixie." :)
Love the pics Mar. Glad to hear you decided against the insanely long car ride. Enjoy the last few weeks just the three of you and brush up on the camp songs they are going to come in real hand here soon.
Love and miss you
Mars
I can relate to the craziness right now! A good way to look at it is... life would be boring without it. I'm sorry we haven't connected by phone lately. You have been in my thoughts.
I have been walking and swimming as part of my physical therapy. I'm much happier walking because getting in a bathing suit is a scary sight. Ah ha... That's what I'll dress up in this year to scare the neighbor kids for Halloween... a swimmer!
Planning on heading back to school October 22nd (part-time only). I have no endurance!
Your belly looks great! Keep updating the pics.
Much love,
Carrie "Broke Back" Sampson
Hey Sexy Mama! You look great. I can't wait to meet Dixie. Is that for real???? I just knew it would be Frances--possibly a middle name??? If you want some early halloween treats. . .just stop by my house. . .I think I have a couple m & m's left (as in two or three) and some candy bars that aren't my favs. Are you dressing up for halloween at school? Remember the jilted prom dates ensembles from years past. Something tells me my dress wouldn't fit this year. :)
Post a Comment