Halloween is right around the corner and there is no way I am buying the candy early. Even if I purchased the varieties I don't like, I am sure I could talk myself into enjoying them. I will be one of the people at Wal-Mart on the 30th looking for discounted candy and hoping I have the willpower to make it through the 24-hour period before the trick-or-treaters appear at my door. Maybe I should just give out pennies and stickers. Wouldn't that excite all of the neighborhood kids (and immediately seal the deal for our child!)?
Thanksgiving comes next...another event focused on food - and all homemade! My brother from Virginia's family is coming up to celebrate with us, which will be a lot of fun! The day after (or maybe before) will be spent putting the Christmas tree and all of the holiday decorations up and out. We didn't do this last year since we had just moved in, so I am looking forward to this. I say that now, of course.
Less than 3 weeks after this time, we will be in "get her out" mode! Though the painting has yet to start at the house, we are getting projects accomplished. The tree is finally out (not an easy ordeal), the electricians have been here to change out fixtures and add new elements to our interior, and once the painting is finished (great timing for home improvements, I know), we will be ready to accept any and all guests -- and small children!
Today was the first real day of fall -- rain, windy, icky. We have had nothing short of exciting in our weather over the last week (Owensboro was even featured on CNN, NBC, and CBS because of the tornadoes that came in a pack of three last Thursday night). We are now starting to cool off and the grass is even starting to show life. Drake no longer has to play ball in a dirt field!
This coming weekend, my dad and Susan arrive for a short visit on their way down to Florida. We look forward to a fun dinner with them - and the time change that accompanies the weekend. Other than that, we don't have many plans.
A few of pictures to accompany the blog -- one of the tree that has been removed (and the screened in porch that took 3 hours to clean) and the other of the fantastic little girl hidden in my belly (and Drake, who appears in most pictures like Waldo. You can even find him on the porch in the first picture)
less than 2 months to go...
22 October 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Marlys, you look GREAT! Wish we could be your first house guests.
Love,
Carrie
Mar-Mar,you look fantastic!! I am so excited to be an auntie!! I hope you are feeling well and have you decided a name yet....just curious!!
Thanks for the b-day message.
Love you and Matt too!!
Post a Comment