She has arrived!!

15 December 2007



Dr. Ottman was right...I was not going to make it to the scheduled date. I went to her office mid-morning on Monday and she sent me to the hospital to be monitored. Matt and I decided to have her arrive that night, and Katherine Marlys Mason came into this world at 20.07 military time on 10 December, 2007. She weighed 8 pounds, 3 ounces and is 19 inches long. I stayed in the hospital until Friday, and now the Mason family is home. Drake is not sure what to think of her, the cats just stare at her, and basically Matt and I do, too! She is a good eater and sleeper, and I could not ask for a better baby!

I will update with more later as I am sure there will be stories of plenty, but for now, I just wanted to add that she is here!

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

just jamie said...

Yea for baby Kate (and Mommy and Daddy, too)! Welcome baby girl. She's darling.

Susan said...

Glad Kate and her parents are doing well. Marlys, I'll call later this week when you've had a chance to settle in. Based on the picture, Kate may look a lot like her father!

Anonymous said...

We have returned from our visit with Kate, who is awesome. She smiles and enjoys hugs, like her grampa! Oh I forgot it was great to see Marlys and Matt too :)