who wouldn't love this face?

25 July 2008

I go back to school the first week of August (kids come on the 13th). On July 14, the sitter who was "85% sure" she would be watching Kate for the school year decided she just didn't want to watch kids this year (excuse me??). We were still on vacation, so I started calling people and thinking about how to word an ad in the newspaper. What did we want in a sitter? Would I take Kate somewhere again or would we have someone come to the house? What is adequate pay to take care of one child (and one dog, and two cats)? Questions started flying through my head at warp speed...in the middle of the night...when I was trying to read my book...when I was supposed to be "relaxing." One interviewee said "it was just too much work" (even though she contacted ME about the job). Another said it was "too isolating" (huh?) So, we were left in dire straits. I was ready to start playing the lotto and hoping that I would win SOMETHING that would allow me to stay home with this precious-faced child (minus the food on her face). Then Melanie saved the day! Her old sitter recently lost her job because of cutbacks (bad), and would LOVE to take on someone like Kate (good). So, for now the problem is solved. Someone will love this face everyday at our house and we couldn't be happier. Now we just have to work through the "separation anxiety" that both Kate and I have because of the fun summer break. We have a couple of weeks to get THAT figured out!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

just jamie said...

Heck, sign ME up. I want to play with Kate every day!

Dad said...

I love the food face, smile, and twinkle in her eye!