Though we have many trees in our yard, none have branches low enough to hang a swing for Kate. It has become a problem since she knows the neighbor has one. Kate spends most of her free time standing at a door (front or back, she isn't particular) pointing outside. Once outside, she points toward the neighbor's house. Some days I play dumb and ignore the request. Most days, I can't. Last night, while out playing in the backyard with the dog (in our debris-free yard that Matt cleaned all day Sunday from the ice storm), Kate was very clear about her request.
So that I don't change the "settings" on the straps for the neighbor's grandkid, we redneck the swing and I tie an old belt through the loops. Kate is fully aware that she is supposed to have the red harness up and points to it while almost taking a header out of the swing. This finally subsides and she is able to be "in the moment."
Swinging so fast her feet are blurry.
Just another spring day for Kate. Now the rain is supposed to start. Ugh.

1 comments:
*SOME*body might need a swing set...
:)
Post a Comment