Finally! The forecasters were right. Our town will be shut down for a few days because of the 6 inches of snow that fell from last night until this morning. Fine, powdery snow. Not the stuff to make snowmen with but the white perfection of winter. With a windchill of 10, we won't be playing in it much today, but we (okay...I) had to get out in it. Nevermind that Kate has a hacking cough again. Kid, get out in the snow; fresh air is good for you!
Matt sees snow differently than I do -- he awoke and immediately had to get it off the sidewalk and driveway. First a shovel; next the leaf blower. I knew I had to get out in it before it was GONE! Drake loves running in the snow (always knew he and I had a connection), so we bundled up and out we went. We filled the birdfeeders (Drake was sniffing out the bread crusts I put out last night when I made a breakfast casserole) and then Kate went down the slide a couple of times. She was not as into the snow as I would have liked...guess we need more of it to get used to it.
snowy saturday
30 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment