Wow! Where did the time go? We left Minnesota on a Friday and drove 14 1/2 hours home. I must say that I have two of the best travel partners in Drake and Kate! I did buy a ramp for Drake to get in and out (due to the mystery hip/tendon/leg issues from vacation). Kate was help at each gas stop and our routine went smoothly. I got out and started the gas, Kate got out and went with me to get Drake to potty, Kate then held the leash and let Drake get a drink while I finished the gas and cleaned the windshield, we put Drake back in the car, and Kate and I went in to potty. Seriously, the best gal ever!
After arriving home, I was old news and Kate had to see everyone she had missed: Mimi and Papaw, Mason, Jill, Jenny, Mom and Grandaddy, Carri, and Marci. She had playdates everywhere.
It has been way too hot to do many things outside. We have been to the pool where I felt like a cow just standing in the water to cool off. We should be using this time to do some cleaning and clearing out in the house, but we haven't.
The school year is offering many changes for our household and I have been trying to get everything to fall into place. I have changed Kate from one school to another, set up a sitter on Mondays, been attempting to find a routine that will work for us, and getting all appointments set for this year. Whew. I am excited about staying home and being the "housewife." Matt's job is going to be intense over the year, and we are going to have to be able to adapt to this. It is tough to be out of my regular school routine, because I have been in a school mode most of my life; however, I can't say this is an unwelcome change!
Last weekend, mom, Martha and I met Fran in Nashville for a little shopping trip. It was nice to get away with the girls and just regroup. While I was gone, Matt was swinging Kate in the backyard and the rope broke. Someone was watching out for both of them because, at one point, she is actually about 20 feet in the air, but it broke where she only fell about five feet and slid down the hill in the swing. Though shaken (both of them), she is fine and wants to tell everyone about the swing. We have had to look at the swing a few times as well. Crazy!
We are now up to August and I wish there were pictures to add, but I have been lax in taking pictures. I will be better as soon as the heat drops below 90 -- maybe October??
undocumented half of July
02 August 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
We miss you guys a lot and so do the loons who are hollering for Kate!
Post a Comment