has my heart. I hope and pray that she will know this later...after her brother is born and she remembers of her childhood. I could not have asked for a daughter any better than Kate Yes, I want to duct tape her mouth sometimes because she likes to talk (don't know where she gets that) and yes, I want to tie her in her room or playroom so that I can have a few minutes to watch a show, but I will never do either because I would be lost with out her. Over the last few weeks she has grown into a sensitive, mature four-year-old. She has allowed me to be the non-moving pregnant mommy on the couch/bed for most of the day. She brings me the iPad to play games with her or books to read with her. Anything so that we are together and she is next to me. She is going to get her world rocked, we all know that, but for now, she is content just asking me questions about her brother and talking about what we are all going to do together. And for that, I am the most thankful I have ever been.
Because of her "goodness," she was surprised with a choice of Target trip or frozen yogurt. She chose the latter, and we went after dance one day...pushing nap time later. She chose all that she wanted in her yogurt and still ended up eating mine. She knew why she was getting special treatment -- because she had been kind and good. Just like a princess! :-)
This is a note Kate wrote me yesterday after I had corrected a little attitude (not quite perfect). When I asked her what it said she said, "Dear Mama, I love you very much and will change my attitude. I can't what for my baby brother who is with God right now. Love, Kate"
And that is why she melts my heart daily. I found this sign on Pinterest. Sums up my girl.
0 comments:
Post a Comment