grandpa and grandma come to visit!

19 May 2012

 Last week, Grandma and Grandpa stopped by on their travel north.  They arrived on a beautiful Thursday.  We were able to get some time in on the new swing set and also some time on the trampoline before heading to Kate's swimming lesson.  Jack was all smiles when they arrived and I thought this is going to be a good visit.
 I noticed a rash on Jack's arm at dinner.  Assumed he just broke out from being at the indoor pool (and kicking while on a towel from said pool), I didn't worry too much.  All night I got to worry...fever, up every two hours, crying, fussiness, and only sleeping on me.  In a twin bed.  In his room.  Morning couldn't come fast enough and the thought of the parents visiting while this was going on?  Rotten! The next day was parent visitation at Kate's dance class.  It was also time to call the doctor to see if Jack could take Tylenol before coming in (because all websites said NO!  Not under three months).  The doctor said YES! so we dosed him, left him at home with Grandma, and headed to watch Kate strut her stuff at dance.
 The recital piece is so cute, and my dad and I had a great time watching her showcase her talents during class.

Cartwheels are a big thing and Kate is trying trying trying to get one down.  She had the same persistence with a forward roll, so I know she will have it by the end of summer.  She does not like to be unable to do anything and the patience does not come with the persistence.  There is a lot of pouting, saying I can't do it, and general fussiness, but the end?  When she does get it?  Sweet reward!

The rest of the visit went well, thanks to the parents helping so much!  They brought Kate a bag of goodies from her favorite store (Best of Everything), and they had fashion shows with the goods.  Jack didn't improve much during their visit -- it was a four-day affair of sickness -- but they will get to see him in a month, so that is nice.  We had dinner at home and ate a salad with lettuce from our garden.  It was a nice visit and even nicer that the sickness was contained in Jack and not everyone else!

1 comments:

Dad said...

Kates a true Princess!