Happy 35th birthday, Daddy

26 August 2012

The day after Matt's birthday, we had family out to celebrate his new milestone: being closer to 40 than 30!  I am way closer, I know, but still fun to remind him he isn't in his early 30s!  Matt doesn't like cake, so Kate and I made peanut butter chocolate bars.  Kate did the candles so who knows what the pattern or reason for number was, but it looked good and Matt was happy.  
 Kate also blindfolded Matt before he could blow out his candles.  She didn't want him to see the cake prior to.  I am not quite sure where she got that tradition, but she was adamant about it.
 Mason and Kate took turns riding in the tractor and Gator until the batteries died.  And then they moved to scooters and Big Wheels.






 Mimi, who is having a knee replacement this week, held the babies through it all.
 Ending the fun day was a Mule (and later Tractor) ride from Daddy.  Mason was in heaven!

0 comments: