soccer camp

03 August 2012

After leaving the parent showcase of cheerleading camp, Matt said, "I wish Kate would do soccer camp."  I found out it was the next week, so we asked if she wanted to do it.  It began an hour and a half earlier than cheerleading camp, was outside (in the heat), and involved "boy" things:  shin guards, running, sweating, wearing shorts and non-sparkly t-shirts.  Kate said yes.  So, off we went to buy non-sparkly tennis shoes, shin guards, and longer shorts.  So sure was I that she was not going to be in the fall leagues that I bought running shoes that she could wear for school instead of soccer cleats.  Day one, Kate loved it.  She came home with her new soccer ball, sweating, and told Matt she wanted to change into her nightgown, eat lunch, and take a nap.  
 Day two Matt asked what was her favorite thing from that day.  Kate responded, "Cartwheels!"  Now I have never been a soccer player, but I know that cartwheels are not part of soccer.  I laughed.  She also said juggling, which was the ball on the knee.  Day three went on without a hitch because I was picking her up and we were going to the pool without Jack after.
 Day Four brought about a tummy ache that would be gone after soccer camp and in time for the pool.  She went anyway.
 The last day Kate requested I come and take pictures.  I guess she wanted to document it as much as I did.
You don't have to get your folding chairs quite yet.

2 comments:

said...

Super cute! She looks like she had a blast.

Dad said...

As normal, Kate was the star and had fun. Now she knows about all these camps, what about a princess camp?