The day came: Kate is now in all-day preschool. She wanted to go all day last year. Three days a week she is at school from 8-2:30. I know this is a good thing for her, and I know the schedule is much better than the rest of her life, but it sure was hard to let her go for three days...all day. We went to the open house where she didn't bat an eye, cry a tear...nothing. She was ready. We had previously picked out a cute lunchbox for her to take to school, but it has been backordered with postponements for over six weeks. It might be here by next school year. So, Kate's even bigger wish came true: I let her get a "character" lunchbox. On clearance. Girlfriend was super-excited!
"I am like Lady Gaga, mama," Kate replied, matter-of-factly.
My sweet, sometimes-confident girl who is getting to be a big girl. She awoke at 3 a.m. for school. She stayed awake until 6:25 a.m. asking if it was time for school. She was awakened at 6:50 for school, and she jumped out of bed.
What are you most excited about? Eating lunch (at school)
What are your favorite colors? Pink, purple, blue, gold, silver
What do you want to be when you grow up? A real fairy. (This means a fairy that flies.)
I love you, Kate, and I am so proud of the girl you are becoming.

1 comments:
Your sweet girl really IS growing up! And I love that there is a difference in fairies-- the REAL ones can fly. Love it!!!
Post a Comment