Rogers family does the Caribbean Cove

27 October 2013

Friday we headed to Indy for the weekend to meet Dad, Susan, Sara, Jeremy, Aubrey, and Zachary.  Jack began the trip, along with Kate, with snacks.  I am not sure they ever stopped, which is funny considering Jack is not a big eater.  
We were the last to arrive, so we met the family at Texas Roadhouse.  Ten total, three in highchairs.  Fast food at a slow-cooking restaurant.  
Night time was comical.  And by comical I mean I am  sure  I will laugh about it later.  Not now.  We tried to get Kate and Jack in bed and asleep for over an hour.  Jack was not pleased with his crib.  It did not have bumper pads, so each time he slammed his head to the top, he hit on the rails.  He also could see Kate, Matt, and me.  So, he whined to get out.  Kate and I were sleeping in the hide-a-bed (not sleeping) and finally, I just put Jack in with us.  He went to sleep after some time, and in the night, I realized the three of us were sleeping on the same pillow.  Again…someday there will be laughter.

 Morning comes early!

Saturday was spent at the water park.  Jack loved the hot tub.  Kate loved it all.  We all went down the water slides, even grandpa (who then visited the First Aid station).  The littles took naps and Kate barreled through, playing all day and jumping pools.

A little lazy river floating with Jeremy, Daddy and Sara.





That night we decided to go to Famous Dave's for dinner.  A great decision for all! A little pre-party photo session.








 What a great weekend for family fun.  I look forward to some age on the kids next year (not necessarily on me though).  Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa.







1 comments:

Dad said...

Really FUN and good times!