Wow! While I was busy being proactive and getting Christmas cards ordered and addressed and Kate's Birthday party plans put into motion, cakes ordered, invitations addressed and sent, I completely missed the month of blogging! We had a great month (minus the illnesses Kate and I seemed to keep around).
Kate spent afternoons at my mom's playing with her magic sand. She made cookies this time.
And then she went inside to make REAL cookies with mom. Sporting a tiara while working (and her Fresh Beat Band concert t).Matt sent some selfless while he was with Jack. We sort of tag-teamed a lot this month. Boys v. Girls.
Jack learned to color outside the lines and the tub. Quite the arteeest.
One day, mom and I took Jack on a walk. The leaves were blowing, something Jack had never seen. He was in amazement when they swirled in the air and even more on the ground. He chased them and tried to step on them and then the crunch was also fun. We giggled at his excitement and slowed to watch. What a fun guy!
Jack is doing better with eating. He is adding new foods. Not necessarily veggies and fruits (which he does get through his Juice Plus that I add to his milk), but he is trying new things. He has also been picking out M&M's. And he gets caught, too.
Kate has been wanting more pictures of her with Jack. And she pulls him in for hugs each time. Sometimes, he likes this; other times not so much. He has become an attacker, however, and we call it the "Jack Attack."
Jack prefers to use markers to crayons. He prefers to use Kate's markers, too. The one she is using at that moment, to be specific. Kate is such a good sister and shares most things with him. She doesn't get upset with him most of the time.
We had some baking to do, and Jack is now part of the action. No fingers have been lost yet, which is surprising.
Mom and I took the kids down to the Veteran's Day parade and fireworks at the river. We weren't sure how Jack would be with the fireworks, but he "wow'ed" at all the right times!
Kate sat on the fountains and watched them pensively.
This is what Jack has decided to do lately when we are walking and he doesn't want to go the direction we are, the speed we are, or when asked to march with us. Boycott!
A sunny day Mule ride up to the bus.
Fall Festival at Kate's school. The theme was Duck Dynasty. This is the closest I will get to a duck blind!
Kate now has math homework in addition to her reading homework. I am ok with it, as a teacher, but as a parent, I find 40 minutes of work three days a week to be a little much for Kindergarten. While Kate and I working on her math, Jack did his own art class and chose wood as the medium. As in the end table. With the Sharpie I (used) to keep in the drawer for labeling CDs.
More hugs and loving!
Bed Head extraordinaire.
While Matt was speaking and participating in a Leadership Owensboro event, DCHS was clearing out due to a bomb threat. He returned to the school (and I am sure all of the others at the meeting gave a sigh of relief that they weren't the principal).
Jack Attack.
Karaoke by the fire with Mom and Norman.
Elton's in the HOUSE!
Baked spaghetti and breadsticks from Fazoli's. One of the only "meals" he eats. And, thank goodness, it isn't a messy meal.
When we head to the car, Jack walks alone out the door and down the three stairs. Then he RUNS - as fast as he can - to me to put him in the car. It is funny to watch; and he has the biggest smile when he does it. What a fun, fun kid!
More attacks.
The trek out the door, again.
My girl headed to school for Grandparent's day. She chose her outfit and hairstyle specifically for this day.

Wizard of Oz (Kate's glittery shoes).
Therapy. Jack boycotting his vital stem treatment.
I told Kate I would get the tree up and ready for her help with the ornaments when she got home from school. I had plenty of help getting everything out. This is the first time Jack has paid much attention to any decorations and he has added "tree," "lights," and "off" to his vocabulary because of this.
Kate and Drake laying in front of the tree.
Hugs…blurry and matching.
Jack has to give a milk bone to Drake and Norman every day. This day he had two and when I went in the family room to check on them, this is what I found. I probably should be a little more worried than to snap a picture, but he was so happy. He was laying right next to Drake and they were sharing their snacks. After all, Drake shares goldfish and crackers with Jack.
And that is our November. We had a great month together and once football ended, we had weekends with Matt. Night time is by far the most fun because Jack loves bath time and loves to snuggle/wrestle with everyone after. He is coming into his own now and is a total handful. Kate continues to enjoy school and enjoy getting good grades. She is charted on a behavior chart by colors and she tries very hard to get the top two colors. This is important to her, and I love that about her. She is such a great big sister to Jack. When she gets home from school, they have snacks and then she plays with him for about an hour. Just him. Building forts, playing with his toys, or incorporating her toys/activities into what he is doing. I just sit back and watch them together and think it is so special!























0 comments:
Post a Comment