Off to a good start

01 December 2013

Christmas decorations went up before Thanksgiving this year.  I am not saying this is abnormal by any means, but it seemed weird this year.  As mentioned, Jack and Kate were great about their help.  Jack is in love with the ornaments that sit on our kitchen table.  He thinks they are balls, but they aren't.  And they aren't shatterproof, either.  We will see how long they last in this location.  This is the face I get when I ask him not to touch.  Very effective parenting, huh?

 Post-thanksgiving-playtime nap on the way home.  Kate stayed at the Mason's to play with her cousins.  Jack had enough.
 Mom, Fran, Kate and I left on Saturday of break to head to Nashville for a girls weekend of the Rockettes, dinner, and shopping.  Kate rode with Frannie because "she needed to talk to her."  They did math problems the whole way down, Fran said.  I got Luna on my lap for the trip down.  She was hot.
 mmmmmmm…lunch!  A fabulous burger followed by a shared piece of red velvet cake.

 The Hutton Hotel food is yum!
 And we were off…to see the high-kicking fun followed by the best get-in-the-spirit Nativity presentation ever.  That, after all, was Kate's favorite part.  Girlfriend loves her dancers and costumes, but baby Jesus is still where it is for her.  And I love, love, love that about her.
 We tried to take some pictures of us all together.  It became comical, as you can see.
 We went to see the decorations at the Opryland Hotel after the show.  Kate loved the Nutcracker and wanted a picture with him.

 The Cascades.

 And another fabulous meal at Ruth's Chris.  Little miss ate half of my filet along with dessert.  And we weren't finished until 9 p.m.  Late night for this one!
 Shopping the next day wore her out and this was her position for most of the ride home.

We are off to a great holiday season.  Christmas cards out, some presents wrapped, some treats made.  And we have been home for the holidays (since Kate came home with the stomach virus this week).  Ho!  Ho!  Ho!

0 comments: