On Christmas Eve, the tradition has always been to go to the Mason's for apps and presents with one side of the family and then dress up to go to the annual party we have attended as long as I can remember where Santa makes an appearance and the house screams CHRISTMAS! This year, Jack and I had the stomach flu and Kate looked like she was getting sick (which she denied the whole time). After going to the Mason's party and coming home, Kate decided she was tired and wanted to just play the Wii and go to bed. Jack and I had already bailed on the party. Bedtime was a reasonable hour, because Kate knew she had to be asleep for Santa to arrive.
Jack and I woke and quietly went downstairs. I tried to avoid all Christmas items under and around the tree in the living room, but he saw the caaaaahrrrr and it was over. Tears while I changed him. Tears while I fixed his milk. So, I went in, got the car, and he drove around while I coaxed him to come out and drink his milk and watch a show. He got Matt stirring upstairs and soon he joined us.
Christmas morning, Kate woke, came down the stairs (the rest of us were in the family room waiting for her to get up), and we heard her SCREAM! "He was here! Santa was here!" We went in there to see just what Santa had delivered (more on that later.)
Being the sweet sister, Kate started with Jack's stocking first, showing him what Santa had brought. She "ooooh'ed" and "aaaaahhhh'ed" over each gift for Jack.
Drake had been waiting patiently for someone to open his stocking because he could smell the goodness inside. After that, this was Drake.Again, Kate helped Jack open his gifts. Honestly, so loving. He just wanted to run his new trucks (that make sounds) over everything. The whole wrapped presents thing escaped him.
My sweet girl and boy.
Two of Jack's faves: balls and a cahhhrrrr.
The drum set. We went with a cheaper version in case it wasn't a hit. :-) Well, I think the birthday gift is looking like drums both can play, because they have had such a good time whacking the cymbal and drums.
One...two...one..two...three!
In her own world with Santa's art set. It is a box that shuts and locks and she can pack it wherever she goes. And it has an easel for her to color in. Pretty darn cool.
Trucks. That make noise.
The art kit moved to the breakfast table while we prepared the Christmas casserole.
We went to Mimi and Papaw's for family Christmas. Kate got a sparkly baseball cap and sparkly leg warmers.
Jack used the kids vacuum for most of the time the rest of the family unwrapped presents and then rode on an old toy through the living room. He didn't mind that others were getting new things; boyfriend was on his own.
Kate and Mason.
Daddy was outside.
After afternoon naps and time relaxing, we went to my family's Christmas dinner. Jack got a train table that will be kept there (to hopefully keep him busy while he is there).
Kate got a sparkly pink purse from Fran.
And Jim got new magazines. And this was Jim for the rest of the time.
Jack enjoyed the trains, and Kate helped him put the trains together and play.
We tried for a family picture.
Kate played and tried to smile. I was trying the new lens that goes on an iPhone (it is going back).
And Jack went up and down the stairs during dinner. The whole dinner.
Merry, Merry day.


1 comments:
Awesome and Fun! Now everyone have to get healthy!
Post a Comment