Happy Sixth Birthday, Kate!

10 December 2013

 Looking down the tunnel at you, my sweets, you are the most energized girl I could ask for.  We have had an interesting year watching you become miss Sassypants and becoming your own girl.  You make us smile, laugh, pull our hair out, and want to protect you from all that is not right, all that is not good.  You are infectious in all ways.  The love and affection you show your brother daily is something indescribable.  He will always know the feeling of love, because you teach it to him as soon as you hop off the bus.

The kindness you show others is something that we have not taught you, but you instinctively know.  When we gave a lady with less than us some money, you knew not to ask "why" in front of her.  You wanted until I explained it to you (through tears), and you wanted to go home, get the money you have been saving for an RV, and bring it back to her so her kids could have a better Christmas.  You made me cry harder, but those were happy tears.  You mention that lady and you are saddened by that lady.  You see what is wrong with the world.  You are going to be such a lover of humanity.
 You love all things girly.  You love all things musical.  Dramatic.  Over-the-top.  You are the best showman around.  And you never leave a party without hugs, kisses, and smiles.

 You let your brother take part in all that you do, as evident with his guitar session with you.  You don't complain; you don't get upset.  You find his pick, you pick up yours, and you are strumming through life.

 Don't ever lose that smile.  Don't ever forget that your mama and your daddy are so lucky to have you teaching them how to be better.  Don't ever think that I don't love you - even when I am fussing at you.  I know I am blessed beyond measure with you and Jack.
Happy Birthday, my bugs.  And many more.

0 comments: