She was Siamese, if you please

04 June 2012

Not to brag too much, but Sister NAILED it!  She knew her dance and did not need the leader.  In fact, when she did look to the leader, she lost her place.  BUT, she got right back in step after she trusted her knowledge of the dance.  She loved every minute of it.  Even though she was tired.  Even though she hurt her heel (who knows) the day before.  Even though her tummy hurt.  Even though she was starving.  Even though...she worked through all excuses and was a great Siamese cat!
 Carri babysat Jack (and was excellent even though she doesn't normally babysit babies, she says).  Kendall came to see all of the kids she babysits, and Kate was so happy to see her after the show.  I even captured that sentiment in the first picture.

 Kelly's daughter, Annie, was in two numbers.  Still pretty as ever!
 Kate meowed and fluffed as all cats do...and should.


 Starting in March, she began her request for pink flowers after the recital.  I ordered them a month ago, just so I didn't forget to get the right flowers.  I even put reminders in my phone to pick them up Saturday before noon, because the florist was not open on Sunday.  I sneaked them into Mom's outside fridge when Kate wasn't looking.  She was asking about them the whole way to the recital because she didn't see them.
 Imagine her surprise when her Daddy handed them to her after the recital.  The red ones that I also purchased are in a vase downstairs; the pink roses are right next to her bed.  Along with her pink hydrangeas from Mom's house.
 Martha and Mom also came to see her strut her stuff.  And Mimi, Papaw, and Aunt Jenny.  Thank you ALL for making the effort and staying until the end.  Only thirteen more recitals?!

0 comments: