travel to the lake

12 June 2012

 It began on Monday.  Four hours to St. Louis.  One hour into it, I found myself wedged between two car seats and sitting on one hip while all parts of my legs fell asleep.  I documented this so I could later say "remember this?  remember when I was a mama that would do things like that?

 Jack didn't care.  He was not happy to ride in a car seat for four hours.  In fact, he didn't for some of the time.  Hush.  You do what you have to.  And I will have to think about future travel with him and the cost of flying vs. driving.  Yes, really.
 The next morning, we hit the airport and Kate had a Dunkin Donut for breakfast.  Third DD in her life.
 Jack was happy camper and all signs of travel hatred were out the window.
 Arrival in Brainerd gave us a great start!  We were thirty minutes early -- and Grandpa was 15 minutes late.  Love the renovations at the BLA airport.
 Kate found her post to wait for Grandpa, shades and all.
 Hello, Gull Lake!  We have missed you!
 First boat ride for Jack.  Yep...he is a Rogers.  Loves the wind, waves, and hum of the motor.


 Other happy campers on the boat ride!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh...zzzzzzz....

0 comments: