a new kind of fairy

21 October 2012

A couple of weeks ago, Kate told her her mouth hurt.  When I finally looked, she showed me where and I noticed her tooth was a bit wiggly.  Not thinking it would fall out anytime soon, she still ate apples, chewed ice, etc.  
 Skip to last night.  My dad and Susan were here for a couple of days and Kendall came out to visit the kiddos before heading back to UK.  She was getting ready to leave and was holding Jack when Kate ran over to give her a hug.  Kate "hip" hugged her and jumped back.  I saw something fall on the floor but didn't think it was much.  Kate then said, "I think I lost my tooth."  Yep, sure enough, it was her tooth on the floor.  No tears, no drama, nothing!  (I was expecting it as I could only imagine it hanging by a root and Matt suggesting we tie it to the doorknob).  We picked it up, cheered, and Kate quickly ran to look at the "hole" in her mouth.  "Do I look different?" was her first question upon seeing herself.

Yes, my sweets, you look older.  You are older.  You aren't my baby anymore.  You are my little girl, and you aren't so little!

All of the excitement was too much for Jack as he then threw up on Kendall.  Another fun evening at our house!

As a side note, the tooth fairy came in the night (after a two hour stay-awake period for Kate) and she left a note signed Toothanna, some fairy dust, and also FIVE dollars!  Kate is aware of fairy names now that she read Silverlicious.

1 comments:

Jamie Helms said...

Uh oh--- looks like inflation has hit the tooth fairy world! I distinctly remember the going-rate being a nice shiny silver dollar, and that was for a MOLAR! :)