princess for a day and night

13 October 2012


The date finally arrived.  Kate was wayyyy more excited than Marci for the celebration to begin.  The rehearsal was scary for Kate:  she was "a bit nervous" about walking down the aisle and she practiced with Katie and Annie several times and said she would try her best.  
 Never far from Kate was Marci.  She loves Marci.
 Practicing with Katie.
 The day of, I practiced doing her hair, and then attempted the best I could do.  I figured I didn't need to take her someplace early to have it done because she would not leave it alone.  I should have known that princesses can tolerate hair updos for longer than most.  (guess that is why I was never successful)
 We met at the park for pictures.  Kate fit right in (thank you, lovely ladies).
 Kate was listening to all of the instructions; sinking in, too.

I think this might be the sweetest picture.  Marci (along with all of Kate's babysitters), protects her and makes her feel so loved and wanted.  While I was doing Kate's hair for the wedding, she suddenly got sad.  I asked her why, and she said it was because Marci was getting married.  Asked to elaborate, she was sad because Marci wouldn't be able to babysit anymore.  I don't think Marci's illustrious career as "babysitter" will end soon.  I hope not anyway.  


 We tried for some family shots.

 Boycotting Daddy kisses.

 Learning her job as "fluffer."  She took this seriously, as anyone at the wedding will attest to.
 Kate wanted to curtsey like princesses.  Marci, gorgeous as always, practiced.  A natural!

 During the dollar dance, Kate got her dance with Marci.
 The face of a girl who wanted a longer dance with Marci.
 Busting out more moves at the reception.
 Carri was there to save the day!  Another babysitter hero, who Kate loves with her heart and soul!
One of the groomsmen put Kate on his shoulders while doing the train.  I don't know who felt more special at the end of the night -- Kate or Marci!  

1 comments:

Marci said...

I love everything about this post. It is perfect. I love your precious Kate so much!