FebBOOary

01 February 2014

It has been cold and the kids have been sick, but we have managed to have some fun around here.  While I was making cookies for a Superbowl party, Jack and Kate wanted to clean the doors. At first they began with the Method window cleaner, but as soon as I realized half of the bottle was gone while washing the same three doors, I fumbled around until I found a water/squirt bottle.  This kept Jack busy for about an hour. Later, I put the bottle in the bathtub and he proceeded to clean all of the walls in there.  I see a water table in his birthday future!
 I saw these monster cookies with a meringue-cream filling, and I knew I had to try them.  All of that goodness wrapped in something so easy to hold!  So, I made them to take to the party.  They were quite delicious.
 Jack ate quite a few of the cookies without the filling, which was funny.  He kept a watch on the oven to see when they would be finished cooking and then wanted pieces of the cookies.


They were so yum!
 
We met some friends at the park and the kids got some outside play in.  Jack has become more of a daredevil and enjoys all parts of the playground.  Nothing is too big for this guy!

 Kate practiced her skills from last fall at holding on the handle and swinging across the "alligator" pit below.  Lots of upper body strength there!

 She went down the slides with Jack, but as you can see, she was not finding them age appropriate!  :-)
 Daddy came by after his workout and Jack seized the opportunity to have Matt hold him to make baskets.
 Kate showed her form and made a few shots herself!

 Kate and Walker playing a little one-on-one.

 That night we ate at my mom's, and Jack set the mood by putting the candles out.  Mr. Valentine!



0 comments: