Attempting Christmas card pictures proved, yet again, to be something that is not easily accomplished. Even armed with a new, faster camera, I was unable to capture both kids giving me their cutest smile at the same time. I have two hams who are super quirky, super funny, and not at all angelic in posing for the camera. I need to give it up, throw in some props, and let them go to town. I surrender, sweet children, to your comical faces, lovely (and not-so-lovely) expressions. You are, after all, my children, and your mama can't smile for a picture to save her life!
We went to the Mason's for appetizers and Christmas with Matt's cousins on Christmas Eve. I did not clue into Jack's new tooth and just kept snapping pictures of a cute, drooling little guy. Happy 8th tooth, Mr. Jack!
Kate and Mason. Good thing he loves his Katerbugs because she rules the roost with him.
Kate received some birthday presents from her great aunt Bonnie. A horse for her American Girl and a bathtub for her as well (for Christmas). Kate was super excited about the accessories and immediately had all parts (and there were a lot of parts) out on the floor.
A quick round of horseplay with Papaw ensued for Kate and Mason. "Stop it, Papaw!" then back at it. I give up.
Christmas Eve tradition brought about going to the Sheriff house to see Santa arrive at 8:15. He walks up the back stairs outside and drops off the big red sack full of presents for Brandon to retrieve and read out the names of the good girls and boys. This was the first year Kate was totally into it. It helped to have her best school friend, Addy Reese, there to play with. It was also the first year I didn't have to follow her around -- she had her friends and I had mine. Jack was turning into a pumpkin close to 8, so we headed home immediately after Santa arrived.
Christmas Eve at home, after Santa visited.
Christmas morning Kate opened her gifts from us and checked out what Santa brought. She was helpful with Jack as well, showing him what toys Santa brought and how to bang on and play with his as well as hers. Really, I couldn't ask for a better kid to have as a big sister. She gets it; she really does. Not a jealous bone about him and it is the sweetest thing to see them together. I can't get enough of it.
Bath crayons from Santa
Jack's rocktivity table from Santa.
Jack attempting to unwrap his present from mama and daddy.
Wrapping paper does not taste as good as it looks.
Two new Barbie books from Aunt Sara and Uncle Jeremy.
A new bone for Drake from Santa. Drake was on the good list.
A Lalaloopsy from Grandpa and Grandma.
Back to the Mason's for Christmas morning. Kate received new ear muffs and she actually let me take a picture of them before she sped into the next package.
Mason received a Leaf Blower and a Weedeater, complete with safety goggles. The rest of the presents had to wait. And wait. And wait. Mason was happy with these!
New puppets and a puppet theatre from Meemaw and Mimi and Papaw.
Meemaw got in the spirit and unwrapped several gifts.
Mason and the blower.
Mimi's new Kuerig.
Jack's new car from Meemaw. She gave him the most fun gift because of the steering wheel. We have only taken it outside once, but I am quite certain it will be a hit and the stroller will go away.
Aunt Jenny gifted make-up to Kate.



0 comments:
Post a Comment