Onward, Christmas Day and 2012

25 December 2012

Guess who got a new, plush Radio Flyer? That's right...Jack and Kate.  Padded seats, a carry bag attached on the back, removable seats, cup holders, and a canopy.  I see trips to Starbucks, Dunkin' Donuts, Kroger, and walks in Mom's 'hood happening this summer.  Jack is enjoying the riding aspect of all Christmas gifts.  Crazy to think that he will be completely mobile soon.  With Kate, it seemed like I waited for each milestone.  Maybe it is because I read the books, blogs, articles, and anticipated what was coming - "Expect the first tooth during __ month; By __ month you child should be crawling/smiling/pulling up/walking/talking/driving."  I knew what was coming.  With Jack?  I have not done as well reading, recording, or anticipating.  He seems to just DO it.  The last two teeth have come and there have been no celebrations or acknowledgements.  They are just THERE.  The pulling up and walking using furniture is just Jack trying to be part of the action or reach what he can't have (iPad, dolls, phones, remotes, paper, shoes, etc.)  Jack has been such a happy baby and such a fun addition.  His smile is infectious.  Both kid's smiles are the best.  


 The gesture of pure happiness riding with Jack.
 Frannie got Kate some new sparklers for Christmas.  We used them on the cake at dinner.
 This year was a fun year for mom.  Normally, there isn't anything she wants or anything Fran and I can think of to get her.  A shirt here, a new cosmetic there, some favorite candy in the stocking.  But this year?  Apple TV was something we thought of early and Fran set it up for her.  Even when she opened the HDMI cord and said, "Why would I need this?  I don't have Apple TV!" we were able to stifle giggles.  But when she got her "big" gift, she was completely unsure what it contained.  Wrapped in a funny way due to the box giving it away, she was perplexed.  
 A baritone ukulele for Mom!  She can join the Mason family band!  Rehearsals are pretty spontaneous, so she needs to have it -- and her phone with her at all times!
 Another fun toy for an adult...Mom got Grandaddy a replica of Old Crow, Jim's old P-51 mustang.  Signed by Bud Anderson even!
 He really was surprised,  I think.
 Dude just took it all in.  Clapped when others did, smiled with others, and generally enjoyed the day.


 Kate wanted to see everything others received.  She wanted to know who opened what; very sweet.
I am very blessed; I know this.

2 comments:

Dad said...

Thank you for keeping this BLOG up. I love the stories and pictures. YOU GUYS ARE BLESSED!

Jamie Helms said...

Missing you guys! I hope all are healthy and happy!