swim team banquet and awards

17 July 2013

The season finished without me knowing Kate's best time in strokes, and I would not want it any other way.  As I said, I wanted her to do swim team to learn how to swim better and to enjoy time with friends.  I am amazed at what a confidence boost the summer was for Kate.  All because a teenager told her to jump off a starting block and swim to the other end, she did.  And because the guards took an interest in Kate, she performed to the best of her ability for all meets and practices.  This girl surpassed all of my expectations for swim team.  In fact, if you can read her award, she received the coaches' award in the 6 and under group for her positive attitude, attendance, and effort.  She did this; not me.  I would not have taken her to all practices (minus three) if she did not want to go.  I had nothing to do with the attitude and effort; that was all Kate.  Makes me so happy to know she can do this prior to entering school  

 And yeah, the dance didn't disappoint, either.




1 comments:

Dad said...

Awesome Kate! Great Summer with Great accomplishments!