The Land of 10,000 Lakes

23 June 2014

Kate said she was not going to swim in any of the lakes in Minnesota because ... fish.  All of the lakes had then and she was not about to get in them.  Well, that lasted until her friends at camp jumped off the Swan...in the middle of the lake.  Kate loved it.  This is actually one her her pictures that she took while she was at camp.
 And this.
 This came off the website.  Her one request had been to ride a horse at camp.  She wanted a white horse, specifically, but this one had to do.  I saw this before I saw her, so I had so many questions about her time at camp.  She loved it, is all she said.
 Pick up day and the one in the middle was the happiest of all to have her home.  When we walked around her to her cabin to pick her up, Kate and her cabin mates were outside playing games and singing.  When she saw us, her face almost registered disappointment...as in, "I have to leave?" She quickly rallied and showed daddy and Jack her bed, the cabin doors, her view, and gave us all hugs.  She took us on a tour as well.



 Kate and Jack took a turn in the hammock, and she told him that he would be able to lay in them "when you are a camper."
 After we picked our favorite girl up, we hit the pontoon.  Kate and Jack brought their bubbles along for the ride.  We went for lunch and then home for naps.

 Later that afternoon, I followed my family tradition and we went to Nisswa to get a new pair of moccasins for Kate.
 She picked fringe boots in hot pink.  She had wanted these two years ago, and she still wanted them, so we ponied up for the pair.  Now we just have to wait until fall for her to wear them to school.
 The rest of the vacation consisted of GVL water slide time...


 visiting the Chocolate OX for our favorite ice creams (while Daddy watches us eat them),
 and some time with the Wing crew before they headed back to Texas.



 The kids and I went to Cross Lake to hang out with Jen and her kids at their pool.  What a fun time to have our kids growing up together.  I can't believe she and I only lived in Minnesota together for a month...and we have such a great friendship.

 Pool parties wear my kids out...

 Kate had mentioned once that she had never had a butterscotch dipped DQ cone.  So, I woke her and we picked one up on our way back to the cabin. Since they are my mom's favorite, we sent her a picture, because we are nice like that.  :-)


 The next day, we spent with family at the boatshow in CrossLake.  Uncle Ted had his boat in and "Uncle" Dave did, too.  Kate wanted to dress up for this event...even straightening her hair.

 That night, we went to Ted and Mary's cabin for a family dinner and s'mores.  Such fun to be with the family.




 We packed the next day, and I was able to get some reading in before we left (that so rarely happens up there anymore).
 We hit the pontoon for one last ride that afternoon.

 We said good bye to Gull Lake and the next morning we headed out.

Another fun Minnesota trip and back to live in the 'boro.

1 comments:

Dad said...

GRRRRRREAT Summer & CLH.