UK vs. RSV

01 April 2012

 For the first time, Kate and I were ready with UK shirts.  New, washed, and ready for the party at the Miller's house.  We were going to be bandwagon fans...but we would look the part.  That was Friday.
Saturday, I took my boy to the doctor for the second time that week because he just wasn't any better.  The doctor sent us to the hospital with a nasal swab of Jack and yep, he has RSV.  Two to three weeks of contagious ability and three to four months of susceptibility.  The poor guy coughs, has mucus, and is generally fussy when both are in action.  Breathing treatments are going well every four to five hours, and though I don't see progress yet, the doctor said it will get worse before it gets better, we are trying to stay on top of it.  



 So, Kate and Matt went to the party to play, and pitiful and I stayed home and bonded over the Penguin nebulizer from Kate's days.  Happy Spring Break, Matt!  :-)


2 comments:

kmiller said...

RSV will NOT win. That team loses in the bracket early on....

Dad said...

So sorry for RSV but you are right you all around the home front for some good family bonding. We hope all the allergy & illness subsides and you guys can get outside and play.